Efficient eco-designed mailing solutions for a cleaner environment!
Neopost India being a company that values environment conservation is always looking for ways to reduce our impact on the environment. Although Neopost India is not a manufacturing company, as a national company we respect the environment.
Neopost Group takes the necessary measures during device design, as much as possible to limit the use of environmentally harmful materials, restrict the use of natural resources to a minimum, both to save energy and recycle as many materials as possible.
Globally, in an effort to minimize our carbon footprint from all stages of our products’ life cycles, we have completed an extensive examination of our operations. Our goal is to minimize our environmental impact during product development, industrialization, logistics, customer usage and ultimately, the recycling of the used product.
All production sites and most of the distribution subsidiaries have ISO-9001, ISO-14001 and OHSAS 18001 certifications.
An eco-design guideline gives rules for environmentally friendly design for every new project.
As a aim to improve the energy efficiency of our services, our new machines consume up to 50% less energy due to the user-friendly sleep mode.
On average, our machines are up to 78% recyclable due to which we are able to limit the amount of waste sent to landfill. We, therefore, have reduced consumption of natural resources and increased recycling.
Neopost ink cartridges are specially formulated to comply with International Mail specifications and are not hazardous to the environment. To reduce landfill, we introduced in France, UK and US, a new system for recycling addressing and franking ink cartridges. This FREE service gives our customers a postage paid envelope to return used cartridges. More than one cartridge can be sent back at once, reducing the carbon from transport used.
Products and Packaging
Through a massive upgrade of our product range, we're now using 44% less material and 10.5% fewer components than before. We've reduced packaging by 7%, and it is now 100% cardboard and fully recyclable.
(A comparison between the IJ-70 and the IS-480)
- Reduction of the number of materials by 10% and of the mass by 44%
- 7% reduction of the packaging/product volume ratio. Henceforth, the machines have been 100% transported in cartons, including recycled fibres therefore.
- First initiated by an economic optimisation exercise, the choice to switch gradually to sea transport for the transport of the machines from the factories, rather than by air, has had a powerful impact on the amount of CO2 that is emitted. The reduced packaging volumes have also influenced this reduction.
- At the energy level, 50% less impact during the life of the product at the customer’s, thanks to the standby mode especially.
- Reduced CO2 emission during the use phase of about 4kg per annum from a IS-480 versus a IJ-70. For a stock of some 800,000 machines, the theoretical gain would be around 3,200 equivalent CO2 tons
- The calculated recovery rate reached 78% (74% from recyclability and 4% from energy recovery, i.e. reclamation of energy during waste disposal). It was in particular obtained thanks to the removal of the metal inserts from the plastics, enhanced electronic board accessibility and other elements that have been withdrawn.
Energy Star on our Franking Product Range
All our IS range of franking machines have been awarded the prestigous Energy Star Certification, which is used to recognize the most energy efficiency systems.
"Eco-design is a mutually profitable approach. The aim is to provide our customers with solutions that help them to reduce the impact of their activities on the environment."
Neopost sustainable development specialist